Here's a short summary of what data do we collect, how do we process it and what do we do with it.
What data do we collect?
- Data submitted by you, such as: email address, name, settings and dietary restrictions
- Automatically collected data, such as: your location (if we have your permission), device information, IP address and in-app events (such as opening an offer)
How do we process your data?
Bulk of all personal data is stored securely on our servers located inside European Union. Our servers can only be accessed by dedicated personnel inside our company using secure connections and two-factor authentication (2FA).
Some of the personal data is processed by our trusted 3rd party service providers, with whom we have signed Data Processing Agreements. When using 3rd party services, we don't process any identifiable personal data (such as email) with them, unless it is completely necessary. One example would be having email addresses on our customer support platform Intercom (it's the service where this Help Center is hosted, by the way!).
All our service providers comply with local data protection regulations and are GDPR-compatible. When personal data is processed by any of our service providers, we are still controlling how that data is used.
What do we do with your data?
We use your personal data for only one purpose: to make ResQ a better service for you. Here are some examples on what we do:
- We use your personal data to better answer your customer support messages, such as your device information to debug those mystical "map not loading" bugs 🙈
- We use your location to send you relevant notifications regarding offers near you
- We collect in-app events to perform aggregate data analysis on how users are interacting with our service. This helps us making the app experience better for you
- We use your dietary preferences to only show you suitable offering in your offer feed
- We use your purchase history and other activity to send you personalised offers and recommendations
We don't, and never will, sell your data to any 3rd parties. In case you have any questions on how we use your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.