Policy brief & purpose
Our Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of customers, employees, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality. With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties (users, partners, stakeholders, employees) who provide any amount of information to us.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
Employees of our company and its subsidiaries must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
All our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a reasonable amount of time
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data. Our process for notifying our customers and other stakeholders for data breaches is described in our Breach Notification Procedure.
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases. The process for this is described in our Data Subject Access Request Procedure (DSAR).
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data – all data is processed only with per-need basis
- All our employees and contractors are under NDAs and strict confidentiality clauses
- We have signed Data Processing Agreements with all our service providers processing personal data
- Train employees in privacy and security measures
- Use secure networks in all our operations to protect online data from cyberattacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse (see Breach Notification Procedure)
- Establish data protection practices both online and offline
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed by anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action, including claims for damages.
In case you have any questions regarding our Data Processing Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.